"LGI Ward L24.... Amazing!"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

After being diagnosed with BIH in October 2014 I had my first LP shunt fitted to relieve the excessive fluid from my brain! Unfortunately my body kept rejecting the shunt, resulting in me having 8 shunt revisions so far! I cannot thank all of the staff on ward L24 at the LGI for everything they have done for me! As soon as I ring for a bit of advice they invite me in for a check up straight away! I honestly don't think I could keep smiling if it wasn't for the help they have given me! Special shout out to my consultant, absolute legend! The worst year of my life has been made a lot easier thanks to his and his teams positivity and determination! thankyou very much!

Response from Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Whitney B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us about your positive experience with this service; I am glad to hear that you have felt supported during what is understandably a difficult time for you. I will pass your comments on to the team on L24 who I’m sure will be extremely pleased to hear that you are so happy with the care you have received from them.

Kindest regards

Senior Nurse

Patient Experience

Response from Leeds General Infirmary

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. It was very heartening and rewarding to read your post. I have passed your comments on to the Matron for Ward L24 at the Leeds General Infirmary and have asked that they share your kind words with their staff members, who I know will be extremely happy to know that they are providing the best possible care and that it is meeting our patient’s expectations. With Kind regards Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience