"Day centre has been a real lifeline"

About: Overmills

(as a service user),

I think Overmills is great. It's a great service, I couldn't do without it. I've met a lot of people here and developed some real friendships.

My social worker referred me here, I'd been a carer for 32 years for my brother so was a bit cut off from socialising. The day centre is tremendous as it got me out, it's been a real lifeline.

The out and about club at the John Pollock centre is also great. They send out a flyer with trips each month and if there is one you fancy you call them up.

I enjoy the activities at Overmills. We made lovely wreaths at Christmas with a wire hanger and plastic bags. We decorated them with baubles, I was amazed at how lovely they turned out.

We also have theme days each month, the last one was the 4th of July and we decorated the dining room with the American colours.

The staff at Overmills are excellent, they're all first class girls. They go out of their way to help, if you have a problem you can go to them.

I'd be lost without the day centre.

Response from Frank McMenemy, Community Care Manager - Adult Services, South Ayrshire Council (Provider)

Thank you for taking the time and effort to let us know what you think of our Overmills daycare unit, from your description it seems to be a hive of industry and activity. I am pleased that the varied activites and caring environment offered are appreciated, I am sure that the unit manager and his staff will be thrilled by your kind comments..