"Fabulous experience"

About: Peterborough City Hospital

I was admitted to MAU from the Walk in Centre and was then the next day moved to the Cardiology ward. I did have to wait quite a long time before I was shown to the MAU ward but after my husband reminded reception staff that we were still waiting we were moved very quickly, so possibly just a hiccup. Both wards was very clean and comfortable and I was made welcome by absolutely everyone wearing an NHS badge. I liked the way that we only had to choose one meal at a time and loved the vegetarian options. The only thing that would have been nice was to have the possibility of choosing a larger hot drink if required when drinks were being served. Almost every member of staff made a point of saying hello and introducing themselves by name; something which makes such a difference when you are in a strange environment . I was well cared for and felt that I was in very good hands. The cleanliness of the ward was excellent as was the food. Nursing and medical staff offered timely, kind and professional care and nothing was too much trouble. I have a long standing medical condition and I felt I was listened to very patiently and that my views were valued. The Dr's gave me plenty of information which allowed me to make informed choices and both medical and nursing staff were happy to repeat information if necessary. I can't thank them enough and don't think they could have done anything to improve my stay. I feel very blessed to have been cared for so wonderfully. What a wonderful NHS we have! Thank you.

Response from Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are shared with the staff

Response from Peterborough City Hospital

Thank you for your lovely comments and I will ensure they are shared with staff

Lesley Crosby, Acting Deputy Chief Nurse