"The birth of baby boy"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

I had a water birth with my first baby, wonderful experience. The support and care I received while I was in ward 22 wishaw general hospital was excellent and I cannot thank all the staff enough.

Special mention to midwife Hillary Reid for her care and support through labour and delivery of my son in June.

I would strongly recommend ward 22 to all my friends and family after the excellent care I received from all the staff while I was in the hospital.

Response from Wendy Drysdale, Senior Midwife, Maternity Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Hello Ragz,

This is fantastic to hear, a water birth is a very special experience and it is good to know that the support and care you received from the staff in ward 22 was excellent. All our staff aim to provide safe, effective, women centred care and you mention specifically the support and care provided by Midwife Hilary Reid throughout your labour and birth of your son.

Your birth experience has obviously given you treasurable memories to keep and share with your family and friends and we welcome and appreciate your feedback. I will share your compliments with all the staff in ward 22 and Midwife Reid.

Best wishes to you and your family and enjoy the days ahead.

Wendy