"suspected stroke"

About: Northern General Hospital

I arrived via ambulance (who were fantastic) and was dealt within minutes. I had a scan within 2hrs and was informed of the outcome 1/2 hr later. During this time Nurses and Docs kept me and my partner informed on what was happening and gave me pain relief. I was then observed for a while until the powers that be had decided what was happening and where I was going. I have got to say that during my 7hrs there the nursing staff were extremely busy and dealt with awkward situations/patients very well. I was then transferred to the Hallamshire Hospital.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Neil

Thank you for providing an account of the care you received in our Accident and Emergency department. I am sure you were very anxious at the time but I was so pleased to hear how you were treated and that you had such a positive experience.

Your kind words will be passed on to those who have been involved in your care. Best wishes.