"excellent care in cardiology ward"

About: Royal Brompton Hospital

I had an unbelievably smooth experience when I went for a catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. I had been thinking of doing the ablation for several years, and was rather apprehensive at what might be involved. As it turned out, all my worries were groundless. Although the the waiting list was long, as to be expected from such a highly rated department and consultant, I was treated with the highest standards of care and treatment when admitted end May. I was given a warm reception and pre-procedure tests were done efficiently. Menu selection was available. I was wheeled down to the catheter theatre next morning and after being given the general anaesthetic, I didn't feel a thing until I woke up back in the ward, ready for lunch. The professionalism and teamwork of the many people who attended me were most impressive!

Response from Royal Brompton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent treatment for atrial fibrillation. We pride ourselves on working together to deliver a high standard of specialist care, so it is great to know that you were satisfied with your recent treatment. It is important for patients to feel reassured and cared for throughout their stay in hospital and to know they are in safe hands. We are therefore really pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and were able to allay your fears. Wishing you all the best for the future.