"Most of the nurses were extreemly ..."

About: Russells Hall Hospital

Most of the nurses were extreemly helpful before and after my opperation and very friendly and made me laugh.

there was a night nurse who was very brash and treated me as a chore, the other night nurse was extremely helpful and lovely though, which made up for it.

The reason I didn't like the one nurse is because in the night when i wanted to go to the toilet she got the chamber chair (sorry i don't know the correct word) and after I had, had a wee she tried to just lift me back into the bed, I asked for some tissue to wipe myself, to which she huffed and then walked away to fetch some.

I had a Laparoscopy on the 10th February 2009 to remove a Dermoid cyst from my right ovary. Although I am very pleased and thankful that they did the job and managed to do it all using keyhole surgery, they have left me with a small indentation and sore muscles on the left side.

I work as an actress and a singer and was going to go into underwear modelling, so before the operation on many occasions I was pleading for neat scarring as this could hinder future job opportunities, so i should imagine this comment was written all over my notes.

After the operation I was becoming worried as this small indentation was not going away so I went to my Doctor who had told me that my skin had been sewn to my muscle, and that when the scarring has settled down I could have plastic surgery to mask it,but this is an operation that would be a massive inconvenience especially as I am self employed.

I am now very conscious of this especially when going for auditions, and when or if I decide to put on a bikini this year. I know it isn't anywhere near as bad as someone who has for instance had a major stomach operation, but when you are constantly been looked at for auditions and in pictures it is a big deal.

However this is not the only problem, under and around the affected area I am in pain when engaging those muscles, for example when I am laughing, Sneezing, Coughing, Dancing and Rock Climbing.

I haven't had a follow up check or been offered anything of the sort, so an rather concerned how this will affect me, in my work life and also my personal life.

Again I am thankful for the job the surgeons did and the fact they removed the Dermoid through the holes they did, and how nice 99% of the nurses were to me.

Response from Russells Hall Hospital

We are acknowledging receipt of all feedback dating back to 2008, which was before the Trust began responding to all patient comments posted on the NHS Choices website.