"Urology Dept Excellence"

About: Wycombe Hospital

At the beginning of May, my GP wrote to the Urology Dept for an investigative appointment.. Within 3 working days I was with a Consultant. How fast is that! They were superb and aranged for further investigations (a cystoscopy) for 30th May! Excellent. They also arranged an Ultrasound scan for Bladder & Kidneys. (Completed on 1st June in the X-Ray Dept!) During my Cystoscopy, It was proposed that in addition to the above procedures, I also had a Prostate Biopsy.. Due to family holidays, I couldn't meet the wonderfully quick , offered date of 16th June, so had to opt for 29th June.The procedure was virtually painless thanks to their expertise. The follow up results were delt with by a Nurse who couldn't have been better and the receptionist was calm ,pleasant & efficient. My thanks to all of the Urology Dept staff, for their kindness, care & consideration and congratulations to the Consultant for running such a "tight ship".so very well.

Response from Anthony Banton, Patient Experience Manager, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear responder

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your comments have been forwarded to the department you have spoken so kindly about to encourage staff to continue delivering great care.