"Mental health services at oasis building"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I have been poorly for as long as I can remember. In and out of mental health services mostly at stepping hill.

I've had good fortune in recent years and haven't been in hospital for nearly 15 years. My last admission to p3 in the early 2000's was amongst the single most awful experiences of my life. You can imagine that when I had a relapse of my bi polar in January of this year I was filled with dread. My memory of the last admission still there. I braced myself.

I was admitted to norbury ward for a week and then went to Arden ward for a further 5 weeks. I don't think I've ever experienced so much kindness in my life.

How the staff remain compassionate amidst the clear pressures they work with is amazing.

I just wanted to say well done and keep going. This is a well led service. I don't want to go into hospital again but if I did that fear would be very much gone.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for getting in touch. The Arden and Norbury Wards are based on the Stepping Hill hospital site but are actually managed by Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust. You can contact their compliments team on 0161 716 3083, or submit a post on their NHS Choices page. Kieren Done Complaints and Customer Service Team Manager