"A recent pregnancy"

About: Dewsbury & District Hospital / Gynaecology Dewsbury & District Hospital / Maternity care

In March 2015 I unfortunately had to go through a termination due to problems with my babies development which meant my baby was not compatible with life. I had this procedure medically on the delivery suite and then was admitted to gynecology ward a week later due to complications and this resulted in theatre.

I met many different professionals along my journey including screening coordinators, midwives, ward managers, theatre staff, consultants and bereavement midwifes. They truly made the experience a little better and I can not thank them enough for their care and support. I am pleased to tell them that I am now pregnant again and so far all is well. They made myself and family and my very tiny baby feel very individual which is very important. I cannot remember all names.

Ward 14 staff not aware of diagnosis.

handover communication wasn't good.

Response from Paul Jepson, Patient Liaison Manager, Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear JD2003

Thank you for sharing these comments, especially as they relate to a very distressing time. If we can help in any way, or there are issues you would like to discuss with us directly, then please do not hestiate to contact us at pals@midyorks.nhs.uk