"The tutor was very helpful and friendly"

About: Chilwell Children's Centre

(as a parent/guardian),

I completed a six week IT and job search course at the sure start centre. It was very useful and I completed a CV and covering letter which I will use when I start applying for jobs. I also learnt how secure the passwords I use online are (or aren't). The tutor was very helpful and friendly.

While I was doing the course, my two children stayed in the creche. They really enjoyed it there and there was a lot for them to do and play with. They were given fruit at snack time which I think is really good. The staff were very friendly. Also, there was transport provided to and from the sure start centres which made it easy for me to get to.

Response from Steve Lack, District Manager (Broxtowe Cluster), Sure Start Children's Centre, Health Partnerships

Hi MissSA,

Thank you very much for this posting, I am pleased that your children had an enjoyable time at the creche and that there was a lot of things to entertain them. It is also good that you found the Sure Start workers friendly. I do hope you continue to utilise our services and and wish you all the best in your job search.

Response from Andy White, Training and Learning Facilitator, Sure Start Children's Centres, Nottinghamshire Children and Families Partnership, Health Partnerships

HI Miss SA

Thanks for the post really appreciate the time taken to feed back on our services. Im glad you found the course useful. One of our core purposes as a Children's Centre is to help families overcome barriers such as childcare and transport to enable them to attend training courses in order to help equip them with the skills to find employment. We have had a number of compliments about the tutor which we have fed back to our adult education provider Central college so thank you for that. Please do get in touch with our Community devlopment worker Eleanor Cooney eleanor.cooney@nottshc.nhs.uk if you need further support to find a job as she would be more than happy to help.