"Majors Unit of Emergency Department."

About: East Surrey Hospital

My Mum was rushed into hospital with a suspected stroke. She was taken straight to a CAT scan and fortunately was found to have suffered from a TIA micro stroke. The staff in the Majors Unit were excellent. The S/N was excellent and was very professional, caring and good humoured which goes a long way to making patients and family feel at ease. The doctor was brilliant and kept us informed throughtout and I would like to thank them both for their help. The Stroke Nurse was very helpful and caring when my Mum was scanned. The ambulance crew who took her in were brilliant, as was the receptionist at the A & E Department and the member of staff who showed me and my brother to the Majors Unit Without people like them the NHS wouldn't work. Thank you all very much. If you could pass on my thanks to them I would be grateful.

Dear Stuart

I will ensure your comments are shared with them.

Regards

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Stuart Thank you for your kind words about the Accident & Emergency Department here at East Surrey Hospital. It is really good to read that you felt so supported by such a wide range of staff. I will ensure your comments are shared with them. Regards Ian Mackenzie Director of Information and Facilities