"My son missed a day of school"

About: North Devon District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

Drove 18 miles to the fracture clinic for my son to have his tempory half cast replaced with a lighter tougher cast as per instructions from the A&E department, sat and waited to be seen for 35 to 40 mins only to be told that they were not gonna bother to put a proper cast on and were just gonna leave the half a plaster cast on, so not only did my son mis a day of school for nothing we drove 36 miles for nothing.

Dear Parent

I was very sorry to read your feedback regarding your son's fracture clinic appointment, and would welcome the opportunity of looking into the reasons why the half plaster cast was left on, so we can fully explain the reasons behind the decisions taken.

If you would like us to look into this issue further please call PALS on 01271 314090 or alternatively email PALS on ndht.PALS@nhs.net.

Many thanks

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'Ramesesuk'

You will recall from your previous posting that we receive copies from Patient Opinion at Healthwatch.

I am sorry that after such a good earlier experience you had this trouble.

Please take up the offer of an enquiry through PALS; there are a number of reasons why the expected treatment did not happen.

Do get back to Healthwatch with these two contrasting reports and I hope your son makes progress.