"Without the support I would not be where I am now"

About: Abbey and Lady Bay Children's Centre

(as a volunteer/advocate),

Since first becoming a volunteer 3 years at ago the children’s centre, I feel I have come a long way as my confidence has increased from all the support I have received from the staff. I have become involved more within the offices duties from taking calls, meet and greeting families on arrival, typing minutes, taking booking for courses, completing mail out distribution lists for posting or emailing out and computer work.

During my time with the children’s centre, staff have supported me to attend the Incredible Years course, and have just completed the Functional Skills Maths course which I hope to gain a C grade in.

Without the support and assistance of the staff I would not be where I am now, without giving me the opportunity to volunteer with them and getting back into working in an office.

Thank you all.

Response from Tina Hancock, Sure Start Children's Centres Service Manager, Broxtowe District, Sure Start, Health Partnerships

Dear 'RushcliffeMum'

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of your local Children's Centre Support Services you received, it is always great to hear and share stories like yours in the hope it will encourage others to work with us too.

It sounds like you have had a great time doing some of the many courses we offer and the result of this is that you are a more confident person who enjoys working in an office environment.

Well done and Thank you - we really value your support