"satisfaction"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I am doing this review because I had a text asking to review our visit and could not reply because my provider had a block on the number insisting it was a high cost call. my wife and I were Highly satisfied with all aspects of our visit. I would think that due to my experience that you may miss out on reviews due to service providers blocking replies

Response from Chris Sharman, Patient Experience Support Officer, Patient Experience, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear John,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback following your visit to the Pilgrim Hospital.

We always really appreciate receiving good comments as this shows us that the service we provide meets the expectations of all of our patients.

I am sorry that you experienced some problems with responding to our text message, asking you to take give us feedback in the Friends & Family Test Survey.

We have been made aware that some patients are getting a warning that they may be charged for responding to our text message. This warning message is given dependant on the type of phone you have and the operating system that is running on that phone.

It is a generic message that doesn’t differentiate between those numbers that charge to text and those that are free to text.

Please be assured that to text a response to our Friends and Family Test survey is FREE, despite any warning you may see on your phone.

We have not previously been aware of any cases where the service provider has physically blocked a reply. I would be grateful if you could contact me at christopher.sharman@ulh.nhs.uk so I can check some details with you and ensure our patients are not losing the opportunity to give their feedback.

Best regards,