"Hysteroscopy procedure"

About: City Hospital (Birmingham)

I had a second hysteroscopy procedure last Thursday my previous one being last year. This time it was carried out under a local anaesthetic rather than a general. I am not going to lie it hurt like hell!!. However, the treatment which I received was so so good. I had not met my consultant before, but they were delightful. They discussed options with me both prior to and after the procedure, which turned out to be different recommendations. The nursing staff were wonderful, so compassionate and maintained my dignity at all times. The cup of tea that was brought to me (by I think the ODP) in recovery was out of this world. Thanks to all of the staff and the consultant for making an unpleasant procedure bearable.

Response from City Hospital

I was pleased to read your positive feedback about surgery at City Hospital. As well as providing high standards of clinical care, we believe that little things like making someone a cup of tea can have a big impact on people’s experience and demonstrate the caring nature of our staff. I wish you well for your recovery, Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.