"My Colonoscopy experience"

About: Cannock Chase Hospital

I attended Cannock Chase hospital yesterday for a colonoscopy and the care and attention that I received from the endoscopy team would simply not be bettered - anywhere! I had elected to have the procedure unsedated (with Entonox on standby, just in case) but the whole thing was pain free and I had no need for the pain relief The endoscopy team were an all-female team and they were absolutely first class during the one hour procedure, taking care to minimise any discomfort and constantly reassuring me, the patient. I am a 58 year old man, undergoing this procedure for the first time and I did not feel the slightest hint of embarrassment due to the thoroughly professional (yet sensitive) manner in which the endoscopist and nurses went about their jobs. This particular department of this NHS Trust are an award-winning department, for the high standards that they attain and it is clear for all to see. I would recommend anyone to choose Cannock Chase hospital for this particular procedure.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Terry

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post your comments relating to your patient experience in the Endoscopy Unit at Cannock Chase Hospital. I will share your comments with our staff!

I wish you well for the future!

Kindest regards