"Day Surgery Unit"

About: University Hospital (Coventry)

Okay so I was only in for half a day for minor surgery but I have to say how friendly and professional all the staff were. I was put at ease immediately and everything was explained to me clearly. I was looked after extremely well and I can't praise the staff enough for the care and dignity shown to me. The only down side was the lack of communication to my husband who spent a good few hours outside the ward not knowing what was happening and when I would be discharged.

Response from University Hospital (Coventry)

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at University Hospital, Coventry. I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is particularly pleasing to hear that our staff put you at ease. However, we do acknowledge that your husband could have been given more information while he waited and we shall feed this, along with your positive comments, back to the unit. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Communications Team University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone: 0800 028 4203