"Fantastic service from the Orthoptic Department"

About: Good Hope Hospital

My son was referred to this department as a result of a routine check in school. He had very limited sight in his one eye that we didn't know about. We've been seen by the Orthoptic Department several times now and mainly have dealt with the Specialist Orthoptist. Today we were finally discharged from the department and I wanted to take the trouble to say how pleased we are with the service we've received. All of our appointments have been on time, all examinations thorough, everything explained, we felt really valued and the Consultant was amazing with my 5 year old. I can't thank them enough for how much my son's eyesight has now improved. I would really recommend this team to anyone looking for this kind of service.

Dear Anonymous

thank you for posting your comments about your experience in the Orthoptics Department at Good Hope Hospital and the treatment and care given to your son.

I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to Ann Southgate Manager of Orthoptics Service, to Dr Ramesh Sivaraj Clinical Director for Ophthalmology and to Sarah Watson Business Support Manager to Ophthalmology who will ensure that your comments are communicated to all of the team, who work very hard in promoting a positive patient experience.

I hope this is acceptable and once again thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, patient feedback is very important to us.

Marie Helebert