"quality of care is excellent"

About: Western Infirmary/Gartnavel General / Ophthalmology

I have been treated by this department off and on for about ten years. The quality of care has been excellent. I have experienced both in and out patient aspects of the service.

My most recent visit was yesterday. I had quite a long wait but reception staff were their usual helpful selves. They even smiled!

My only criticism over the years was the last time, fairly recently, when I was an in-patient. I didn't see the charge nurse on the ward at all during my fairly brief stay. I also felt inspectors could have had some comment to make.

All in all very positive and thanks to all staff.

Dear Robpj5,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Ophthalmology Department - as a long term patient of this department, it is clear that you have a good insight into how the department works for patients, and I am glad that over this period you have received continually high standards of care. I look forward to passing your comments on to the team who I am sure will be very pleased that you have taken the time to get in touch.

Your comment about being aware of who the Senior Charge Nurse of the ward is and knowing that he/ she is there on the ward is interesting - we know this is important to patients and all of our Senior Charge Nurses wear a different dark blue uniform to make them more visible, and in some areas we are trialling red 'Nurse In Charge' badges, again to make it obvious to patients and visitors who this is. What you have pointed out though is that the presence of the Nurse in Charge needs to be more obviously felt for patients.

Thanks again for getting in touch with your feedback, it is much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

• Robpj5 doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful