"Emergency Admission with Heart Attack"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Cardiology

I had the misfortune to suffer a suspected heart attack In May 2015. I was taken to Lincoln Hospital and was quickly assessed by A&E in a most caring way before being moved to a ward.

On the Tuesday, I was briefed on my condition and that I needed to undergo an angiogram on Wednesday. For this procedure, I was moved to a stand-by ward. I was greatly impressed by the team effort and by the considerable kindness and care of all the staff as I underwent the angiogram. The surgeon advised me of my likely options, one of which was for me to be transferred to Glenfield hospital. As a result of his discussions with his colleagues at Glenfield, I was moved on Friday and had a triple heart bypass on the following Monday.

Thanks to the skill and care of all the medical staff involved, I am making a good recovery from my operation. My stay at Lincoln may have been short but I was particularly impressed with the way in which all the staff worked well together to provide the best care possible. Even when hard pressed by many demands, the staff never faltered in their energy, their devotion to the task, their cheerfulness, their good humour and their concern for my well-being.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear David,

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that your surgery went well & that you are making a good recovery.

I will pass on your kind comments to the staff on Cardiac Short Stay. We are always pleased to receive such positive feedback as all of the staff work very hard to try to ensure a positive experience for all of the patients.

It is particularly nice to hear that the staff were cheerful & good humoured even when hard pressed by demands.

Ward Sister Tracey Duke