"Rude Staff in the Stroke Unit!"

About: St Mary's Hospital

I arrived for the first time at the stroke unit reception. A few members of staff talking amongst themselves they'd noticed me, but continued chatting. I then explained my situation, all was fine until a staff member decided to undermime me about health and safety. I said I hadn't been here before and spoken to reception, they continued to say it "wasn't in their remit" and I should have "read the sign". Disgusting customer service, especially when a visitor is already worried about a family member. There was no understanding or listening on their behalf, however their speaking manner was just rude!

Response from St Mary's Hospital

I was very disappointed to hear of your experience, and your comments have been passed to the Matron for the area, who would like to extend her apologies that this happened. She has advised that she will raise it with all staff, but is unable to identify the individual concerned without more information If you do wish to speak to the Matron directly please contact the he Quality Team on 534850 and we will ensure that you are put in touch with her. Once again I am sorry that you had this experience, but thank you for taking the time to give us this valuable feedback to ensure that lessons are learnt and improvements made.