"Not impressed with the nurse who saw me"

About: Gosport War Memorial Hospital

Normally I am very pleased with the service given here. However, I went to the centre on Tuesday 14th July at 5pm as I was struggling to walk and was in intense pain. The reception nurse who signed me in was lovely and enjoyed a good joke which kept a smile on my face. Waiting about 2hours (which compared to QA is amazing) for a nurse to call my name for me to go have a pre check. As they came out they walked right past me and started talking to 2 other patients of who they obviously knew on a personal level discussing their son and the army. Once they had finished catching up they walked off and didn't say anything to me so I followed in. I sat down and they asked me about my injury, I told them what was up and they put me down straight away claiming I had no injury, it was tendonitis (which it wasn't, I'm a pt with a sport injury back ground) then told me it's my own fault and basically forced me to not wait and go home! They made me feel so stupid and like I had wasted everyone's time! They didn't even have a quick look at my foot! I spent the evening in agony and managed to see my gp the next day, gp had a proper look at my foot and agreed with me it's not tendonitis I had infact torn my tendon! If the nurse had even listened to me I would have been sorted now and would have had the care I needed there and then. However despite the ignorance of this person the centre in itself is well ran and clean and tidy. I will go back should I need to but I will refuse to see that nurse again!

Response from Jane Tibble, Complaints and PALS Officer, Complaints and PALS, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent visit to the MIU at Gosport War Memorial Hospital. This service is provided by Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust and I have shared your feedback with their Patient and Customer Services Team for their information. If you would also like to speak to a member of this team regarding your experience, please do not hesitate to call 0800 917 6039 at your convenience.

Kind regards, Customer Experience Team, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust