"My unexpected visit to RVI Accident and Emergency..."

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

It was suggested by my GP to go to Accident and Emergency when I was suffering difficulty breathing causing chest pain. I was booked in without any problem and taken for ECG within !0 -15 mins. The nurse kept me informed the whole time regarding the procedure and referred me straight to be monitored. I spent the rest of the day in Accident and Emergency and was eventually discharged the following morning. I was delighted with the care, concern and respect given by both the day staff and evening staff, to myself and all the other patients in a very busy part of the hospital. I have not needed to use this department of the RVI regularly, but I feel fortunate that we have this dedicated team to take care of us . My overall impression is that the staff do a Stirling job, and fortunately my condition turned out to be mild in comparison to others, but would definitely feel safe in their hands if needed for emergencies in the future.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you for taking time to post such a positive comment about the care and treatment you received when attending the Emergency department at the Royal Victoria Infirmary. Your comments have been shared with the nursing and medical staff working in the department who will be greatly encouraged by your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were discharged home after your treatment.