"Bariatric aftercare"

About: Golden Jubilee National Hospital / General Surgery Raigmore Hospital

I am keen to find out what is going to happen with bariatric aftercare now that the Golden Jubilee hospital no longer provide this service?

I have been experiencing difficulties and feel abandoned.

Response from Christine McGuinness, Communications Manager, Golden Jubilee National Hospital

Dear Bobby-dazzler

We’re sorry to hear that you feel this way and to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties.

The Golden Jubilee National Hospital was responsible for providing the surgical element of the bariatric service and two follow-up appointments, with ongoing care then being provided by your local NHS Board. If this hasn't happened, or if you need additional support, we would advise you to speak to your GP in the first instance.

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Update posted by Bobby-dazzler (the patient)

Thank you for your response Christine but it is actually only NHS Highland that I require a response from. My GP investigated aftercare about a year ago but I'm still waiting patiently for a response.

Response from Linda Kirkland, Interim Director of Operations, Raigmore Hospital, NHS Highland

Dear bobby dazzler

I am sorry that you have been waiting so long and no one has responded. If you would like to contact me directly on Linda.kirkland@nhs.net I would be happy to look into things for you.

Best wishes