"Recurrent miscarriages"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency Lincoln County Hospital / Maternity

I have suffered recurrent miscarriages for 11 years, I have been referred to sheffield hospital as my care at lincoln has been so bad. I came in to a and e recently after finding out I am pregnant to try and get a injection, which I have been told I need to prevent me miscarrying, I was sent home. Was on my way to Sheffield to get it there, but started bleeding. Too little too late yet again lincoln county hospital.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear lostfaith

Thank you for taking the time to share these concerns with us. The A&E department would not be the place that this type of treatment is provided and I apologise if this information was not fully explained to you. I wonder if you would share your details with PALS either on 01522 707071 or pals@ulh.nhs.uk to enable me to review your notes and discuss this issue with the medical team.

I look forward to hearing from you

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister

• lostfaith doesn't think this response is helpful
    {{helpful}} of {{totalOthers()}} other people think it is helpful

Update posted by lostfaith (the patient)

I understand that a and e is not the place however I could not just walk onto branston ward without a referral from my gp. I could not get an appt with my gp so decided on the a and e route, seen as I have been referred to branston ward from a and e before I didnt think it would be a problem.

This is just another thing on top of an eleven year history of with lincoln county. Even the receptionist at a and e could not believe they were sending me home, it seems that because I did not follow the normal procedure of waiting for a referral from my gp, I was sent home on principal. I didn't have time to wait for one, it was a matter of hours and the difference between life and death for my baby.

Please tell me where I should of gone on Monday instead of a and e

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear lostfaith,

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am saddened to read your comments regarding your recent visit to Lincoln County Hospital. It sounds like you had a traumatic experience and I would like the opportunity to investigate exactly what went so badly wrong for you.

If you would please contact me on 01522 597871, or by e-mail at fran.gregory@ulh.nhs.uk, I will be able to take more specific details and then this will allow me to look into the issues you have raised.

Fran Gregory