"Quad Bypass Surgery"

About: Royal Stoke University Hospital / Cardiology Royal Stoke University Hospital / Vascular surgery

One year ago my life was severely restricted, due to chronic angina pain. I had angiograms and the most recent, in May 2015 conducted by Dr Paul, confirmed that many arteries were acutely narrowed.

As a result, I was admitted into the Royal Stoke Cardiothoracic unit last July and had my quadruple bypass performed by the magnificent Mr Ridley, with Dr Singh as anaesthetist.

I was later transferred to Critical Care and admirably looked after by Sister Debbie plus staff Nurses Lydia 1, Lydia 2 and Reggieth.

I was later transferred to HDU ward 223, under the care of staff Nurses Laurence and Patsy (sister of Lydia 1) and remained there until my discharge.

Now, one year later, I am like a new man and feel that my life was truly renewed and enriched. I can never adequately thank all the wonderful staff I met and suffice to say, I owe them a tremendous debt of gratitude.

Thank God for Mr Ridley's great expertise and thank God for the doctors, nursing staff and HCAs at the Royal Stoke Hospital.

I would love to return and shake their hands. I am forever grateful and will never forget they saved, and then changed my life.

Response from University Hospitals of North Midlands

Dear 'Mikey D'

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at University Hospitals of North Midlands.

I will forward your comments on to all the staff mentioned, they will be delighted to hear your thoughts and pleased with your recovery.