"I could not wait to go home"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

I arrived in Woodland Ward after having a knee replacement. At first everything seemed OK but the staff soon went downhill. Some of the unqualified staff are OK but the rest I would not pay in washers.

I felt that they do not read your notes and follow what the doctors advises for you. What is the point of paying a doctor to tell them what to do if they are not going to follow their advice. Not one of the staff I saw seemed busy, so that is not an excuse that they have too much to do.

One morning I was not given breakfast because I did not want a tea or coffee and the staff thought I did not want breakfast because of this. I was not given drugs because they told me that some time they had asked me if I wanted drugs and I had said no. Who is the person that should know what I need, they are supposed to the professional?

I could not wait to go home and would not recommend this ward to anyone.

Response from Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear JHD

I am very sorry to read that you had a poor experience on Woodland Ward. I would like to see what went wrong do if you could email me your details Ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk I will look into this for you.