"Thank goodness for the NHS and its staff"

About: William Harvey Hospital

I had an accident falling from 14 ft on to concrete and various metal objects. Straight from the ambulance to a team of extremely professional doctors, nurses and technicians. Very focused on the task, but still explained what was happening. Done in a manner that didn't alarm me as the patient. Only looking back now do I realise how lucky i was. Lucky that my injuries were not as bad as they at first thought and lucky to have an NHS with quality, caring professionals who erred on the side of caution. I felt assured that nothing was missed. As I left four hours later, as one of the walking wounded rather than as I arrived as an immobilised stretcher case, it made me annoyed to hear people whinging. the staff achieved so much in such a short space of time. Oh, for those that whinged over irrelevant matters; colour, sex, nationality, etc. of the staff. My goodness get a grip people, what does it matter, they know their stuff and were/are brilliant. Thank you!

Response from William Harvey Hospital

You must have been really shocked when you fell from such a height - but how reassuring to have the treatment you describe. I am so glad to note that the injuries were not as bad as you feared - but I am sure you have some horrendous bruises that are beginning to show now! Thank you for being so supportive of the staff - it was good to learn that you had such an excellent service. Best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Response from Sally Smith, Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to offer your kind feedback after such a frightening accident. We are always proud when our staff give caring compassionate care. I do hope you are continuing to recover well.

Sally