"reception staff"

About: North Manchester General Hospital

I have experienced great deal of pain and a stay in hospital since February 2015. My condition has been one of them conditions difficult to find a diagnosis for .I have had a large number of test and scans and still nothing. The issue is a nightmare at the best of times and I have been left with this department to organise tests to be done. The reception have been less than helpful just telling me to call back as consultant was in surgery. I appreciate that they receive high volume of calls but please be more helpful as it has got to the point now I don't want to call and when I do just leave a message for a call back. I have been off work spent time in hospital and had a large number of tests but feel let down by this. I brought the issue up with my consultant who was sorry.

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your experience with the staff on reception in the Rheumatology department at North Manchester General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager to share with the rest of the team.