"Nothing was too much trouble in looking after us"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Maternity care

I was admitted to Wishaw General Hospital Maternity Services, Ward 22 to give birth to our baby girl in the last few days. We would like to feed back to the hospital that the care and service we received by all the staff were second to none. My labour could not have gone better and I believe that the care given to myself and my husband during this time by midwives Sharon and Marianne were nothing short of fantastic! They were so helpful in the options of my pain management and nothing was too much trouble in looking after us. We would also like to give huge praise to all the other staff in Ward 22. Their aftercare for myself, my husband and our little girl was brilliant.

Response from Lyn Clyde, Clinical Services Manager, Women's Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear LG79,

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! It’s really important that we support expectant mums and their partners, I’m glad that was your experience and everything went to plan for you and your husband during the birth of your daughter.

Pain management is obviously a key aspect of delivery and I’m really pleased to hear you were able to consider all your options and felt supported with Sharon and Marianne. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with them and the rest of the staff on Ward 22.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us your expierience.

I wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Best Wishes