"Quick and efficient care at A&E"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency

Last year I visited the QMC as I am a chemistry undergraduate student at the University of Nottingham and had manged to stick the broken end of a glass pipette into the palm of my hand.

After the wound had bled all day I went to the Cripps health centre and was advised to attend A&E (the first time I'd ever had to attend). I was seen extremely promptly by the triage nurse and then was seen by one of the nicest A&E nurses imaginable - I wish I'd got her name!

All of my treatment including X-rays, bring patched up and given some antibiotics was done in about an hour. Thank you for your quick and efficient care, and for thoroughly sorting me out.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Hi Josie, very sorry to hear of your accident last year but I’m pleased to hear our team in the Emergency Department (ED) looked after you so well. We are very lucky to have an exceptional team in our ED who work 365 days a year to do the best job for patients (very often in pressured and difficult circumstances). I’ll make sure to pass your kind words to the team.

Kind regards,