"Unexpected admittance to G4 following a fall"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

After falling in a car park and later realizing the fall was more serious than it was my husband took me to A&E where after a relatively short period of time (3-4hrs) I had been xrayed with no firm conclusion and it was decided to keep me in. The next day an orthopedic surgeon came to see me to advise that as the X-ray was not clear enough I would have a CT scan that day. If there was a bad break there would be an operation. Another orthopedic surgeon came later to explain why surgery might be necessary. Ct scan showed a fracture but no requirement for an operation so after being seen by two sets of physiotherapists over the next two days I was discharged on day 4. Fully informed all through. Staff worked really hard and were really busy , both nursing and healthcare assistants. Very caring and compassionate but perhaps a little more attention required in dealing with a couple of the older, frailer patients with regards to their mealtimes i.e. Ensuring they can hold a cup properly and feed themselves!

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after and kept fully informed throughout your care. I will pass your comments on to the ward to ensure we can provide a high level of care for all patients.