"Nurse has alleviated my anxieties"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow / Bones, joint and fractures

I attended my pre op assessment in July 2015. I have an admission date for later in July for a microdiscectomy. The nurse (Angela) was wonderful and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

She took time to explain to me what would happen at each stage. With care and attention like this she has alleviated my anxieties and answered any questions I had (which I had many).

Well done to the nursing staff, it was a positive experience for me. I do not usually comment on sites but I feel that it was worth mentioning as nurses have a difficult job and don't often get much praise.

Dear Kamy,

I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know about the fantastic care and attention Angela provided you with at your recent visit. It goes to show what a difference such positive communication can have on the whole of the patients' journey - hopefully you will now go into your surgery knowing what to expect and so will be much calmer and more comfortable with the whole experience.

I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the service, and Angela in particular, to let her know what a difference she has made.

Thanks again,