"Microdisectomy"

About: Derriford Hospital

I had been living with a condition since 2011 when I had a trapped siatic nerve, after the intial pain it was managable and didnt really stop me doing certain lesuire activities. Earlier this year around March it came back with a vengance.. I was in constant pain and it changed who I was, I lost self confidence and lost myself. In May of this year I had a double microdisectomy and wow has it changed my life .... I can walk my dogs and move around with out pain, Ive started to train again staying away from dead lifts and squats lol but I have already lost 8Kg of weight since the operation. The care I recieved whilst I was in Derriford was excellent, all the Nurses, Surgeons, Doctors and Porters were friendly and very helpful. You all do a wonderful job and Thank you :) A very happy young man (38 yrs old) I have my life back :)

Response from Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mr Pellow,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback via the Patient Opinion website.

Best wishes,

Ed Cox

Matron - Critical Care & Neurosurgery

Response from Derriford Hospital

Dear Mr Pellow, Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback via the NHS Choices website. I am delighted to hear you are pleased with the outcome of your surgery. Thank you also for your comments regarding your overall care whilst with us at Derriford. I have passed these comments on to the relevant teams. Best wishes, Ed Cox Matron - Critical Care & Neurosurgery