"Physiotherapy appointment"

About: Adamson Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My Husband has been experiencing pain in his lower back and hip for the past 8 weeks, he was seen by the GP for the third time last Wednesday and asked to go for an X-ray, he was given a list of opening times for all the local departments which was great as we were able to choose the most convinient meaning he did not have to take time off worK.

The Gp also referred him to the Physio team at Adamson hospital. I constantly read things in the paper about waiting times but we could not have had better service. Within 6 days of the referal we were contacted by pyhsio and he has an appointment for next week - 10 days after the DR saw him and referred.

Brilliant service - Thank you

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Dear 2015HappyWife

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your husband's recent experience. I was sorry to hear of the problems he has been having with his back but delighted that things have move along swiftly. We have been doing a lot of work to make services more flexible, to fit around the needs of people and clearly this has been helpful in avoiding time off work. I was glad to hear that the physiotherapy appointment came through so quickly and hope this means your husband will benefit from early support with his back problem.

Thanks again for sharing this, good start to a Friday.......will be happy to make sure to share your positive feedback.

Louise Ewing