"Excellent care for my son"

About: NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Royal Alexandra Hospital (Paisley) Scottish Ambulance Service

(as a parent/guardian),

My 18 month old son was referred to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley with suspected meningitis.

Dr O'Connor at Anchor Mill Medical practice saw us after I turned up in a panic. She was reassuring and thorough and fully explained why we were being sent up to the hospital. It was a frightening experience and I wasn't making much sense however Dr O'Connor was tremendous.

The paramedic team were also incredibly efficient and helpful, they treated my son and I with care and attention.

The staff in the hospital were all brilliant and did everything in their capability to take us quickly through the process of investigating the illness.

Thankfully my son didn't have meningitis, we were incredibly fortunate and my heart goes out to parents whose child who has meningitis. The care, support and efficiency of the entire NHS was amazing from start to finish. We are incredibly fortunate to have such a wonderful service.

Dear dwb,

I am so glad that each stage in your experience was handled with such efficiency, care and understanding from all of the staff involved. I can only imagine how anxious you must have been feeling and it is great to hear that you felt your son was so well cared for, but that you were too, which is so important.

I will happily pass on your comments to the team in the Emergency Department at the RAH who I'm sure will be grateful that you have taken the time to write to us - it's much appreciated.

Best wishes to you and your wee boy,

Lorna

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear dwb

Thank you for sharing your story.

It sounds like a really frightening experience. I was really pleased to read about the care your son received from everyone involved in his care.

Best wishes and take care

Martin