"1 star is all it really deserves not happy"

About: Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Staff on (I floor) Staff on this floor had no compassion which is very surprising working within a care setting, i do not appreciate being spoken to how we was, they were extremely rude and unprofessional. I understand that you have protected visiting times however, when we was assured by surgeons that we could visit my brother when out of surgery, we was highly disappointed when staff stated opening times are not yet and will be unable to see him until visiting times, baring in mind we travelled and waited for him to come out of surgery. My brother was extremely anxious about going down for the surgery before hand and was nervous about being on his own when he woke up. Staff consisted to be rude throughout our stay which I did not appreciate. If I could move my brother to a different hospital I would! I would not recommend this hospital to others!

Response from Farhana Ali, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent experience on I Floor at the Royal hallamshire Hospital.

I am sorry that on this occasion your experience was not of the high standard we would expect at our Trust. We would like to be able to respond in more detail to you about this.

If you would like us to investigate your concerns further plesae do contact our Patient Services Team on either 0114 2712400 or pst@sth.nhs.uk and they will take additional details from you.

Thank you again.