"Mindfulness has helped depression and anxiety"

About: Chilwell Children's Centre

(as a service user),

I took part In a mindfulness course through Central college at chilwell children's Centre for five weeks.

During this time I have learnt of ways and techniques of dealing with my anxiety and depression through mindfulness. I really found this course beneficial and has really helped with my self esteem as well.

I have been using the things I have learnt from this experience to help me in different areas of my life and I am really grateful to have had the opportunity to attend this course through sure-start they really do have some amazing courses running and provide the crèche for the children which really helps when you have no childcare.

I am really impressed with everything and give it a ten out of ten: )

Response from Steve Lack, District Manager (Broxtowe Cluster), Sure Start Children's Centre, Health Partnerships

Hi Shil2015,

Many thanks for this encouraging ten out of ten for this course, I am glads you have found it useful.

We are always glad to hear what parents feel about the opportunities we provide as it is important that we try and get our provision right. We hope your children enjoyed the creche and that you and they continue to benefit from what you learn on the courses delivered at the centre.

Thanks

Steve

• Shiv2015 thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Shiv2015 (a service user)

Hi steve,

thankyou for your reply. I have been using the center since my son was a baby and have mostly had positive experiences and made some amazing friends too ☺

im looking forward to lots more positive experiences.

Hi Shiv2015,

I'm sure with services we are planning these experiences will be positive and benefit you in a similar way to the mindfulness course and I hope you will let us have comments about how courses or activities you and your child participate in have been useful.

Thanks