"Cancelled Appointment"

About: Medway Maritime Hospital

I made an appointment in April and the first available one was in June. On the day of my appointment I received a call from the hospital telling me that the doctor had taken ill and my appointment would be rescheduled. I was told I would receive a call later that day with a new appointment date. No phone came, I called the next day only to be told that the staff member who books appointments had already gone home and they would leave a note for them to call me the following morning. I received a call the following afternoon telling me the first available appointment is in August. I just fell it's completely unexceptable and extremely bad service to give me a new appointment a month and half after my original appointment. Especially since it wasn't my fault the original appointment was canceled.

Response from Medway Maritime Hospital

We are very sorry to hear of the cancellation of your appointment and the length of time you have to wait until the rescheduled appointment. Unfortunately, without having more detail we cannot look into your individual case. If you could contact our PALS Department we would be happy to look into this for you.