"Lack of communication in X ray Dept"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

After x-rays etc. , told by radiographer to wait until pictures deemed ok. Half an hour went and when I eventually found someone to ask I was informed there was no reason for me waiting. This was at the end of a very long quite difficult day while my husband was seated downstairs not knowing what was happening and very anxious about me especially as we had left home that morning at 7am and by then it was well after 3pm.

May be a super hospital but having had a similar experience(s) a few months earlier when my husband was an in-patient, one can only hope and pray things improve for patients. It feels to me like patients are at the end of the line for consideration!

Dear Blue536,

First of all apologies as I have just noticed that you didn't have an initial reply to the concerns you raised - I came back on here to give you an update from the service but you should have had acknowledgement before now, so I am sorry for that.

Lynn Ross, the General Manager for Imaging would like to reassure you that this is not normal practice and she would be keen that as a department they learn from your experience.

Your story has been shared with the team, however she would also be more than happy to talk to you about your experience to understand better what specifically can be done to improve. If you would like me to arrange some time for you to speak to Lynn, please contact me by email on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk or by telephone on 0141 201 5586.

Best Wishes,