"Read bad reviews but I had an excellent experience"

About: Altrincham General Hospital

I thought i'd leave a review as i've read so many bad reviews here and I had an excellent experience today. I was attending the drop in blood clinic, and I found the staff to be very helpful indeed and there was a lot of helpful signage up to let you know where to go. I only had to wait 35 mins which at peak time I was very satisfied with. I hate having my blood taken, but the nurses were all very friendly and i barely noticed the needle - it was overall one of the best experiences that i've had at a blood clinic.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments posted on both the NHS Choices and Patient Opinion websites regarding the care you received from the Phlebotomy Clinic of the Altrincham General Hospital. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects their hard work and dedication. We were pleased to hear that the care and treatment you received from the clinic was excellent and that the staff were very helpful and that they eased your fear of having a blood sample taken from you. We were also happy to note that you did not have to wait long during peak time. We can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to the Phlebotomy manager and to the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team