About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I am appalled by the paediatric a&e dept, firstly we had to wait in a waiting room full of frankly contagious patients, which is apparently not their policy! However after a very long wait my two year old in agony, we were frankly persistently questioned to how she got her injury they xrayed repeatedly to decide she may have a pulled elbow and basically accused my husband and myself of causing say injury.they couldn't find evidence to show this so sent us home my child in agony two days later we return as nothing had changed to the same questioning, to finally discover she had a small hairline fracture! So for two days our toddler suffered by sheer negligence of the a&e staff! Disgusting! No apology for all the rude questioning, we will never go back to the royal Berkshire hospital ever. Parents be warned! Poor care, awful staff, fearful behaviour of staff.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Our sincere apologies for your recent experience in the Children's Accident & Emergency Department. This is not the experience we expect parents and children to have so please can you contact us to provide more details so we can investigate this fully. Please telephone PALS on 0118 322 8338 or by email to talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk.