"Grateful to the whole team"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Pain management

I have a diagnosis of arthritis. I was seen by Dr Anna, who was very attentive and understanding of my needs. She referred me on to OT for further support which I am very grateful for. Kim the OT was fantastic and really listened to me, for once I didn't feel like I was moaning! After seeing her I feel much more positive and now feel able to make changes to allow me to be more independent. I now understand how important it is to consider how I am carrying out tasks. I have now made changes and already have noticed that I have less pain. After seeing Kim I have also spoke to my family about how my condition affects me as before I think they thought I was being lazy. Kim has advised me how to try to improve my energy levels, and again I am determined to make changes. I am grateful to the whole team.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Flowers1970,

I am pleased to hear that you found Anna attentive and understanding. I will ensure that this compliment is fed back to her.

I am sure Kym the OT will be delighted to hear your positive comments and that her care has not only improved your activities of daily living but reduced pain. I will pass this onto the Head of OT's

I hope that you continue to improve and keep up the hard work.

Best Wishes

Andy

Response from Janice McClymont, Occupational Therapy Head of Profession, Occupational Therapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Flowers1970,

Thank you for your extremely positive feedback regarding your recent experience of the Rheumatology services at Wishaw General. I am delighted that Kim actively listened to you, and was able to help you to positively make small changes in your every day activities that reduced pain and increased your personal independence.

I am delighted that you felt that the information provided enabled you, and your family, to have a greater understanding of the impact of your condition on your ability to engage in every day activities, and I wish you continued progress.

Best wishes