"It's the first time I've had this service and I thought it was very good"

About: North Ayrshire Council - Irvine, Garnock Valley and Community Alarm Scottish Ambulance Service

(as a service user),

Last night someone from the community alarm came to check I was alright, it's the first time I've had this service and I thought it was very good. I have fallen twice recently and wear a button around my neck. I'm registered blind so that doesn't help.

I fell last Sunday when I tried to get out my chair to open the door for the district nurses. They were with me until the ambulance arrived which was good, they wanted me to go to hospital but I didn't want this so they let me stay at home.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear largslady

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I was really pleased to read that you got the assistance you needed after your fall and had a good experience. The community alarm teams are an invaluable part of a much larger health and social care partnership, ensuring that everyone has access to safe, effective and person-centred care whenever they need it.

I am concerned that you have fallen twice recently. If you have not done so already, I would urge you to speak to your district nurses or GP about these falls so that the cause can be investigated.

Take care

Martin Esposito.

Response from Louise Davidson, Team Manager, North Ayrshire Council

Good evening largslady

Many thanks for your positive comments in regards to our Community Alarm serivce. I will ensure these comments are shared with all staff involved.

Louise