"my gran is slowly getting better"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / General Medicine

My gran who is a healthy woman took a stroke two weeks ago and thanks to the workers and staff at the town centre at Cumbernauld she was taken to hospital within the hr.

Monklands hospital staff on ward 21 have to be thanked as they have done a brilliant job looking after my gran and she is slowly getting better.

One suggestion should be plz don't leave the food trolley outside the door of my grans room.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire We are preparing to make a change

Dear fuzz fog

I’m sorry to hear about your gran’s stroke, I was so pleased to hear that she is slowly getting better and am sure this will be a relief to you and your family.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and it will be my pleasure to share it with Senior Charge Nurse Helen Armit and her team in ward 21,

We will also take on board your comment regarding the food trolley. Senior Charge Nurse Helen Armit and her team are already looking at ways to improve the meal service following a similar comment and are considering a number of things, we will be sure to post an update on our progress.

If you should wish to discuss further or have any concerns please do not hesitate in contacting me

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire We have made a change

Dear fuzz fog

Thank you for your feedback, it was really appreciated and has helped us to make a change in our practice. Staff have discussed the problems around the food trolley and are now far more aware. They will now consider the individual patients needs and circumstances then discuss the placement of the meal trolley with the domestic staff.

Hope this has been helpful

Best wishes to you and your family

Thanks