"The care could not have been better"

About: Monklands District General Hospital / Emergency department

My 83 year old mother had a fall and was admitted to ward 22.

She was in the ward for two weeks and I and the family visited twice each day for two hours each time.

During the visits I observed a very caring professional staff providing a very high standard of care and attention to my mother and others under difficult circumstances ....demanding patients suffering from Alzheimers..including aggression ...constant calls from other parts of the ward.

The care during her stay could not have been better and the ongoing support that was arranged for her returning to her home is excellent and on going.

Response from June Delaney, Senior Nurse, Medicine, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Rikki,

I’m sorry to hear about your mothers fall, I hope she’s recuperating well at home now.

I’m glad we were able to provide good care and arrange appropriate support for your mothers return home; this is the standard we aspire to for all our patients.

I’m really encouraged by your feedback about the care you witnessed for other patients on the ward. NHS Lanarkshire staff work hard to care for and support patients and their families who are affected by dementia. We have changed ward environments, improved signage, provided additional training and coaching for staff and introduced activity day clubs to highlight a few changes.

Your feedback will be a real motivator for staff and it will be my pleasure to share it with the ward team and our community based colleagues.

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

Best wishes to you and your family.

June Delaney