"Five star treatment!"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

I had a full knee replacement on 17th June and cannot praise the staff enough for the care I received, from the lovely member of staff who welcomed me onto the day ward to the porter who wheeled me out! Every member of the team I met treated me with respect, kindness and compassion. Needless to say as this was my first ever operation, I was naturally very nervous but every procedure was explained and was always offered a reassuring hand to hold! Once again, a million thanks to DMH!

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Dear Janet Thank you for providing feedback on your recent admission to Darlington Memorial Hospital for you knee replacement surgery. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your very kind comments will be shared with the Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774