"Lack of support"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Medicines Management

Prescriptions incorrect, items not placed on repeat, had to pay for needle box for 3 months whilst waiting and no insulin added onto prescription.

Lack of support and advice when readings mean having regular hypo's.

Personally won't return calls now just go back to my nurse via my GP practice.

Newly diagnosed type 1

Response from Nigel Grimshaw, Customer Engagement Manager, Intergrated Adults, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion. I am very concerned to hear about your experiences and that you are having regular hypo's.

High quality care for diabetic patients in the community depends on good communication between GP, Pharmacy, Hospital and community diabetic teams. I would like to investigate what has happened to make sure your care is improved and so that we can learn lessons for the future for other patients.

Your posting mentions that you won't return phone calls - if you don't feel able to contact the services directly, I would urge you to contact Locala's Customer Liaison Team, so that I can look into the matters raised in your posting. The number is 0303 003 4529 (option 1).

Update posted by kerryjb1 (the patient)

Thank you for your reply Nigel. I would be happy to contact you regarding this matter.