"Extremely please with care"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Trauma & orthopaedics

I was taken quickly and was given a very extensive examination by Ms Jennifer Love for sciatica/bulging disc.

She listened attentively to my story and gave me information of benefit to me. She explained a step by step guide of what could and might happen which I found extremely helpful. She followed up my consultation by contacting me later that day after speaking to a surgeon.

I am extremely pleased with the care and attention given to me.

Dear franco,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, which I will make sure Jennifer gets to see and I'm sure she will be really pleased to receive. You have highlighted so many aspects of communication which are extremely important between a patient and all those involved in their care: actively listening to your full story, providing full and easy to take in information about your condition and next steps, and timely follow up.

Although seemingly very simple, we don't always get these things exactly right, so it is fantastic to be able to share this example of good practice and demonstrate the difference this makes to our patients.

Best wishes for your future treatment,

Lorna